Want to join a company that’s changing the way cities work? Opti, a recently funded Internet-of-Things stormwater technology startup, is seeking a Marketing Associate to help nurture our community of prospects and customers. Reporting to the Head of Marketing, this position is based in Boston, MA.
At Opti, we build and deliver solutions to help communities achieve improved environmental outcomes. Our technology automatically controls the timing and rate of flow through stormwater storage systems, helping cities and businesses improve water quality, prevent localized flooding, and mitigate combined sewer overflows at reduced costs and less risk than existing alternatives. Opti has installations in over 20 states across the US and is set to double in size in the next year.
The Marketing team is responsible for following industry trends, understanding buyer needs, communicating Opti’s value proposition, and creating compelling stories and campaigns to engage our target customers and partners. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to contribute directly to our growth and vision of efficient cities and safer, cleaner water.
The Marketing Associate will be responsible for building and delivering content to create awareness and inspire prospective customers to join the Opti community. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Creating new assets and re-purposing existing content to support our brand and campaign strategy across multiple channels, including email marketing, social media, direct mail, multimedia (webinars, podcasts, and videos), and earned media (press releases and supporting illustrations and infographics)
- Authoring customer case studies and feature type articles
- Supporting regional events and meetups for target customers
- Collaborating with internal subject matter experts (senior leadership, sales, delivery, and product teams) to support PR, Account-Based Marketing programs, and events
- Building relationships and pitching/publishing in trade press
- Launching and owning marketing projects under direction of team leader
- BA/BS or equivalent working experience in marketing, communications or a related discipline
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in copywriting and content marketing at an agency or technology company (B2B preferred)
- Prolific at developing engaging and useful content for business and technical audiences in a variety of formats
- Creative and passionate about storytelling and connecting buyer needs to product capabilities
- Detail oriented with excellent writing and editing skills
- Experience using design tools such as Adobe or Canva; working with a CRM like Salesforce or HubSpot is a plus
- Self-starter who can thrive in a startup culture and manage competing priorities and tight timelines
Opti offers competitive compensation and an employee-centered benefits package, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Stock options
- Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO/HMO health coverage
- Delta Dental coverage
- FSA, Dependent Care, and Qualified Parking and Transportation Accounts (IRS eligible)
- Paid parental leave policy