Want to join a company that’s changing the way cities work? Opti, a startup focused on continuous monitoring and adaptive control (CMAC) of stormwater infrastructure, is seeking an Intern to join our Marketing team. Reporting to the Head of Marketing, this position is open to start in the summer (2018) out of Opti’s headquarters in Boston, MA.
At Opti, we build and deliver solutions to help communities achieve improved environmental outcomes. Our technology automatically controls the timing and rate of flow through stormwater storage systems, helping cities and businesses improve water quality, prevent localized flooding, and mitigate combined sewer overflows at reduced costs and less risk than existing alternatives. As the leading provider of CMAC solutions, Opti has installations in over 20 states across the US and is set to double in size in the next year.
The Marketing Team is responsible for guiding the effective articulation of Opti’s value proposition to clients, partners, and prospects. You will be working with a team of passionate and talented marketers, business development leaders, and software and civil engineers who are committed to Opti’s vision of more efficient cities and safer and cleaner water.
The Marketing Intern will be primarily focused on content generation and management to engage key audiences involved in the buying process. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Updating and refreshing existing content to support essential marketing, sales, and project delivery processes across the customer lifecycle
- Supporting the planning, development, and execution of account-based marketing campaigns to attract potential buyers and nurture existing clients
- Evaluating and utilizing video and digital tools for content creation to demonstrate thought leadership and promote the Opti brand with critical influencers in target markets
- Current student majoring in Marketing or closely related field
- Strong written and oral communications skills with the ability to articulate complex messages in a concise, compelling way
- Proficiency in and/or strong interest in finding creative ways to deliver marketing messages
- Background in/passion for the water and/or environmental sectors
- Strong attention to detail and ability to get results in an innovative, startup culture