Want to join a company that’s changing the way cities work? Opti, a startup focused on continuous monitoring and adaptive control (CMAC) of stormwater infrastructure, is seeking a part-time or full-time Water Resources Engineering Intern to join our Project Delivery Team. This internship is open to start as soon as possible and/or in the summer (2018) out of Opti’s headquarters in Boston, MA.
At Opti, we build and deliver solutions to help communities achieve improved environmental outcomes. Our technology automatically controls the timing and rate of flow through stormwater storage systems, helping cities and businesses improve water quality, prevent localized flooding, and mitigate combined sewer overflows at reduced costs and less risk than existing alternatives. As the leading provider of CMAC solutions, Opti has installations in over 20 states across the US.
In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to work with a group of passionate and talented engineers and scientists who are committed to Opti’s vision of more efficient cities and safer and cleaner water. Specific responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Stormwater performance data analysis
- Site sourcing for large-scale implementations
- Quality Assurance of data
- Streamlining and automation of internal processes
- Other special projects
Preferred candidates will be enrolled in an B.S., B.E., or M.S., program in Civil or Environmental Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Data Sciences. Preferred skills include:
- Coursework or exposure to hydraulics/hydrology and environmental science/water quality
- Experience with ArcGIS and/or CAD software
- Experience with data analysis methods
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail and quality