Want to join a company that is changing the way cities work? Opti, a startup focused on continuous monitoring and adaptive control (CMAC) of stormwater infrastructure, is seeking a full-time Water Resources Engineering Project Manager to work on the Project Delivery Team. Reporting to the Director of Project Delivery, the position is open to start as soon as possible in Philadelphia, PA or Boston, MA.
At Opti, we build and deliver solutions to help communities achieve improved environmental outcomes. We are a software company solving a civil engineering problem using cloud-based technology. Our technology controls and optimizes stormwater infrastructure, helping cities and businesses improve water quality, prevent localized flooding, and mitigate combined sewer overflows at a reduced cost and with less risk than existing, traditional, alternatives. As the leading provider of CMAC solutions, Opti has installations in over 20 states across the US and is set to double in size on the next year.
You will be working with a team of passionate and talented software and civil engineers and scientists who are committed to Opti’s vision of more efficient cities and safer and cleaner water.
The Water Resources Engineering Project Manager will be responsible for ensuring successful delivery of a project from conception to completion. Internally, your role will be to seamlessly integrate and guide a project through its multiple stages of execution including working across teams: sales, deployment, and software development. Externally, delivering Opti’s innovative solutions requires project managers to work directly with clients to understand their objectives, develop creative approaches, and collaborate with stakeholders and subcontractors to execute a project in an expedited time frame.
Preferred candidates will hold a Bachelor's degree and background in water resources and/or civil engineering or a related discipline. Preferred candidates will also have 5 to 7 years of experience including engineering project execution, project management, and client interactions.
Requirements of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Excellent communication skills – oral, written, and presentation
- Ability to drive change and make progress in complex organizations
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing situations at a high growth company
- Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail, and quality
- Ability to work effectively as part of a small, distributed team
- Ability to produce and manage project deliverables, scope, and schedule
- Experience developing technical engineering proposals including establishing scope, budget, and schedule
- Experience working with clients and managing subcontractors
- Experience in hydraulics and hydrology modeling, design, and analysis
- Experience working effectively in a construction environment
- Experience reviewing and understanding civil, electrical, and mechanical plans and specifications
- Experience with data analytics and synthesizing environmental data
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion in the work place
Opti offers competitive compensation and an employee-centered benefits package, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Stock options
- Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO/HMO health coverage
- Delta Dental coverage
- FSA, Dependent Care, and Qualified Parking and Transportation Accounts (IRS eligible)
- Paid parental leave policy